SoundingBox showed us what top credit card sites do well and an area where most credit card sites are falling short.
Shopping for a credit card online can feel overwhelming. In our 2017 dataset, we wanted to learn more about the experience of shopping for a card on the sites of top credit card lenders.
One thing we learned is that people were most engaged when they felt the site anticipated their needs and that the presentation of card details was straightforward.
I liked that I could compare lots of cards at the same time and see them side-by-side to compare the fine print. It made me feel like I was making a good choice.
Engagement is nuanced. SoundingBox goes beyond simple measures of engagement such as time to include perception. Here we see that greater perceived engagement tracks to a greater likelihood to recommend on the best credit card sites.
With a SoundingBox subscription you can learn
- Ways that some card sites encourage people to feel more connected to their brand
- How top credit cards sites ensure success for their customers
- Why some design patterns are problematic
- How top credit card sites anticipated needs and helped people feel empowered
- How top sites use credit card resources to build and strengthen attachment
- Why people are more likely to return to top-ranked credit card sites
The sites in this study are
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Capital One
- Credit Karma
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
Create your account and buy the 2017 credit cards study for immediate data access via the dashboard: $1,788 (includes a one year SoundingBox Pro subscription)
Upgrade during checkout and add a detailed expert analysis report: $2,500Buy Study Access
Not ready to get study access yet but want to learn more? Request a demo or check out our resources.