How do I see my overall scores?
Get a sense of how things shook out without having to watch a single session with the Summary tab. See a high-level overview of how your site and others performed across all measures and categories. To switch from one site to another click on the site tiles.
How do I see how my scores compare?
Context is baked into the SoundingBox dashboard. On the Summary tab, use the emoticons to see how your score compares to the others. The emoticons help interpret the score. The percentage below the score on a summary tile shows how close your score is to the top performer, the progress toward the "target". The number on the bottom right of a tile is the top site's score. Hover over it to see the top site.
Use the Comparison tab to discover which measures or metrics your site excelled in, and where it fell short. See which site was the top performer.
The gray band represents a confidence interval around the average for that score.
When the bubbles are tightly packed, that means there is less variance among the sites. If there is less variance, how do you know when the differences are meaningful? The confidence interval is intended to help with teasing out meaningful differences. The confidence interval estimates what the study average would be if the study were to be rerun many times.
The sites that fall within the gray band, were scored as average. The sites above it were rated above the study average. The sites below it were rated below the study average.
How do I uncover what the scores mean?
Use the tooltips to see the text from the questions participants were asked. Emoticons provide built-in data interpretation. Sad face means your score is below the study average. Neural face means your score is within the study average. Happy face means your score is above the study average.
How do I sort the data?
On the Summary tab, scores can be sorted by group, score, interpretation, and progress.
- Group sorts the scores by metric category. This is useful to quickly see where your site performed well or where it performed poorly.
- Score sorts the scores for all metric categories and individual questions.
- Interpretation sorts on the emoticon. The emoticon shows whether the score is above, below, or average for the study.
- Progress sorts on the progress indicator or how close your score is to the top performer.
Click any sort option a second time if you want to reverse the sort order.
Clicking on a group or measure tile also sorts the data by that score. You can also sort on demographic tiles.
How do I use playbacks?
Click on the Replays tab to see replays of the site currently selected from the sites tiles.
While replaying a session, the dot on the screen is the participant’s cursor for desktop. For mobile, you can also see taps and swipes.
The playback view has a number of panels which can help fill in the story about the response.
- Fast forward the session by dragging the round playback cursor.
- Use Person Details dropdown above the player to view the participant’s demographic information, and task description.
- Use Response Details to connect what participants did with what they said, as well as how they scored the site. You can see a participant’s behavioral measures, responses to open-ended questions, and how their score for a specific metric or measure compared to the study average in Response Details.
How do I export the data?
Switch to the Grid tab to export your data to a CSV file.